Getting the most of my AAOA. 🙂

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Getting the most of my AAOA. 🙂

All Bureaus have my AAoA @ 11 months. 

Macys 2 years 2 months

HD 1 year

genisis credit 11 months (will close when they close it, 0 balance...)

Amex 7 months

amex 7 months

penfed 7 

discover 7

care credit 4 months 

chase amazon 4

I seriously see no need to add to the 5 major credit cards i have now, in fact, I should have never gotten the prg because its not the best for me, but ill be keeping it around. I like all my cards and see no need for any new cards applications or car loans in the next year. What should i do (with time) to ensure my AAOA is bulletproof later on in life where i can have a aaoa that wont be affected later on in life? I’m looking forward to seeing all my inquiries i put on last year fall off my credit report in 19 and all the ones falling off this year.

Unfortunatly I do see myself getting some hard pulls for CLI’s with PenFed and Chase. I was going to get these in April, but I’m thinking latter in the summer.

thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting the most of my AAOA. 🙂

Just let time do it's thing and you'll be fine.  With 8-9 accounts present now, a decade from now that's a bunch of aged accounts that will easily absorb several new accounts, as well as a new account along the way every year or two if need be.  Assuming there are no AFs associated with your accounts, I'd simply keep them open indefinately.  I see no reason for you to add any more accounts now in order to better yourself AAoA wise in the future.  If you only had 2-3 accounts currently I may suggest that, but with 8-9 you are going to be just fine.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.