cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

God Bless Chase Bank (800, here I come!--Ok, maybe getting ahead of myself)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

God Bless Chase Bank (800, here I come!--Ok, maybe getting ahead of myself)

Called them last week, and discussed a situation with them.  Two years ago I was sick and fell behind, ran up some late payments, up to 150 days.  But, paid account off before they went to collections. 

Told the lady my story, asked them to please take off the lates from my report.  God Bless them, they did it!!!

Score jumped nicely, am firmly in the 700 club (all three in the 700 range at least)!  800's, here I come!!

People, I'm telling you, getting back into the good graces of the credit gods is possible.  I have raised my score 80 points in the last two months.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: God Bless Chase Bank (800, here I come!--Ok, maybe getting ahead of myself)

should also add if you decide to do this, and call and ask for some GW, DO NOT ask the first person that takes your call.  they are low on the totem pole and will tell you that it can't be done.

ask for a supervisor and tell them your story.  If she says no, call back and ask someone else (hopefully you get a different supervisor).  Eventually, someone will be sympathetic to your cause.
Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations, maddog, that's great for you, and I guess it's time to start pestering Sears again. Smiley Sad Good point about not taking up the time of the front-line CSR!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, no Hauling, no CC's for me.  I have all that I need right now.  Like you, am credit gardening (other than going through a mortgage app right now).
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
LOL, no Hauling, no CC's for me. I have all that I need right now. Like you, am credit gardening (other than going through a mortgage app right now).

I agree! I meant my lovely Sears 30-day from 15 months ago, received after carefully shredding statements that I thought were pre-approvals and wondering if I'd ever see a Sears bill. Smiley Sad I've about given up on J.Crew. But wow, if I could get Sears to GW the 30, and J.Crew to reduce the 90 to a thirty, I'd be in a very different position now.

Probably a worse score, now that I think about it! I'd get re-bucketed to a no-serious-baddies bucket, and all my new accounts would kill me. I need to be careful what I wish for....
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

what do you mean by "rebucketed"????
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
what do you mean by "rebucketed"????

Here's a copy of what I've posted elsewhere:

OK, all us poor credit consumers are grouped with other consumers with similar credit reports. I think there are 10 of these groups, which we often call score buckets.

If you have a collection, you might be in the collection bucket. If you have serious derogs, but no collections, you're in another. Judgment/ public record? Welcome to that bucket. Brand new starting out, short history--yep. Long, long history--one for you too, and so forth.

This makes it easier to get halfway decent scores, even with problem histories, because otherwise we'd all be compared to psychic and MV and the others, and stuck in the 300's for life.

So you work on your credit and improve your scores, and one day, when the collection falls off or the serious lates or removed or your history gets older, you change buckets. There is often a score drop when this happens, because you used to be pretty hot stuff in your old bucket, but now you're a newbie and might need to do some catching up with the new crowd.

But when you move into a new bucket, your scores have the potential to go much higher. I had a 651 on EQ when I was re-bucketed, and I dropped to 636. Four months later I was at 728, before I went credit shopping.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.