Established Member
cec2417

Good Will Letters

I have a couple of charge offs and collections on my credit that I have tried to get off.  I paid off these accounts approx. 2 years ago.  I have called the companies that charged off the accounts to see about removing them from my credit and they stated that I would have to wait the 7 years to get it removed.  Reading these forums I have seen a couple people mention Good Will letters that have been sent.  Can someone provide me with some more information in regards to these letters and perhaps an example of what I need to put in them.  Also, how can I tell what date the credit companies are using as the date to remove the collection from my credit. There are several dates and I don't know which is which.  Thanks for your help in advance. 
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+