Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good score????

tag
jonjohn
Contributor

Good score????

Ok, I am confused... I got my CS up to 652.. I know it's not great, but.....

It shows that I am "low risk" for lenders, yet when you look at the "dial" it says that my credit is "not good"..

What score is "good" then? I am trying to wait to purchase my home when it says "good"...?????

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 625 TU 630
Current Score: EX 711 EQ 685 TU 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Good score????

Which score is it? EQUIFAX? TRANS UNION? EXPERIAN?

Where did you get the score from?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 8
jonjohn
Contributor

The score is from Equifax and it is from here on myFico

Starting Score: EQ 625 TU 630
Current Score: EX 711 EQ 685 TU 680
Goal Score: 700

Message 3 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I believe the good here is above 680 or somewhere in that range.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 8
Homeowner13
Valued Member

I'm going to disagree with shotgun. I would take 680, the 720 is considered average. Above 720 is considered good. About 720 you most likely will not be turned down as long as everything else looks good. If they were me I would shoot for 720. Excellent credit is considered above 750 to 760! I purchasedLove mine when myyou credit was ina the 720dirty to 740you range.Good luck in your home purchase!

Starting Score: 719
Current Score: 809
Goal Score: 825

Message 5 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I believe you're getting into semantics here.  Good, fair, excellent, etc.  Good just means there's a chance that you will qualify for debt, not the terms that is offered.  It also depends on the creditor, what might be good for one, might not be for another.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 8
GregB
Valued Contributor

Semantics can get confusing.

The EQ FICO "Good" range seems to be 680-720 approx.

720 is not the average, it is the median. Half are above that and half below but you can go a lot further down than up from 720 so the average is less. Since it isn't an absolute scale, the word average does not mean the same thing as it would for average age or something like that.

If you are looking for a FHA loan then the middle score of the three needs to be above 640 for most lenders. That means 680 EQ FICO from here means you are probably OK. Just check the info on TU and EX and make sure it is similar to EQ.

Message 7 of 8
quizamo

I just signed up for myFICO today, and it looks like my Equifax score is 677.  SOOOOO close to "good"! :-/

myFICO EQ = 677

CreditKarma TransRisk TU = 664

CreditKarma VangageScore TU = 776 "C" (score was the exact same on TransUnion.com)

Quizzle EX =  683

On all of my reports, I have only one baddie (AFNI - ATT $166) that I PIF a few days ago and have been working on a GW delete and two inquiries on my TU.  I am looking to purchase a home within the year.  My credit union says that they currently offer 2.8% (no matter what your credit score is) on a 15 year mortgage with 10% down and generally look for a FICO of 650 or higher to qualify.  They manually underwrite.

I have a car loan and a small $600 LOC that I keep a $20 balance on, no credit cards.  Crossing my fingers that I get my GW delete or that my PIF will help my score and help me get my first home within a year.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.