Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letters work!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Letters work!

I read these boards about good will letters and gave it a shot! I have a perfect history (4 years old) except for 1 medical collection that was paid for $85. It was 16 months old and I sent the collection agency a goodwill letter and 3 weeks later, boom, it was gone! My equifax FICO went from 656 to 729 overnight! I couldn't believe it! 1 little collection was hurting my score by 73 points!! Seems a little excessive, but hey, it's gone now! Thanks everybody!! Here's a shot of my scorewatch! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill Letters work!

Excellent! We love to see those steep vertical lines (pointing up, of course)!!
Message 2 of 7
bsal
Frequent Contributor

i dont get it everybody is gettin there medical collection deleted but i been sending nco gwletters to delete off my credit and they wont do it i'm so discourrage
Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

bsal, if the collection was not legit, then the path to take is not a GW letter.  You should file a formal DISPUTE, in writing, with the CRA, which requires them to either substantiate llegitimacy, or delete it.
Message 4 of 7
TheArcher
New Contributor

Wow! That's great! Congrats!! Smiley Very Happy
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." -Thomas Paine
Message 5 of 7
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

Dear FICOsmovin,

That is great new and makes me feel that there is hope.  It would be a great help if  you could help me to wirte a letter like the one you sent.  If that is possible, I can give you my email if I cannot post it here.  I await your reply.

Thank you,
Luke
"It only takes a second to do something that you may regret for the rest of your life"

All the Best,
Luke
Message 6 of 7
GFer
Valued Contributor

Mine was with the oc and although they never responded to my letter---they deleted from all three cra!

My score didn't go up that much! LOL
Congrats!!!!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.