cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a notice one of my negatives were removed (collections) but it doesn't state which one on Myfico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a notice one of my negatives were removed (collections) but it doesn't state which one on Myfico

Not sure if im missing it or maybe its not speficied and only shows you in the actual report I get every 3 months. But it just says "a collection was removed from your credit report" with no further detail for Transunion only. Score did not go up as of yet. I have a feeling its a old medical debt but not 100% sure of it. Anyway to find exactly what dropped off??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got a notice one of my negatives were removed (collections) but it doesn't state which one on My

I received this same alert from Transunion on 4/05 with no specific details. I called MyFico to ask why the alert does not contain specifics. Their answer: The alert included all the information provided by Transunion, and their advice is to purchase an updated credit report from them, then compare the difference. Or pay the $10 more to get monthly credit bureau reports instead of the quarterly report. Monitoring and quarterly is 29.00 monthly is 39.00

I was thinking I might purchase directly from Transunion.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got a notice one of my negatives were removed (collections) but it doesn't state which one on My

Sign on to TrustedID by TU for free, free daily report updates and the ability to lock/unlock your report in seconds. You won't get a score but you can get TU FICO 8 for free monthly if you're a Discover Customer or you can CCT for $1. You can also answer your question easily if you have Credit Karma as they update your TU and EQ reports at least weekly for free.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I received this same alert from Transunion on 4/05 with no specific details. I called MyFico to ask why the alert does not contain specifics. Their answer: The alert included all the information provided by Transunion, and their advice is to purchase an updated credit report from them, then compare the difference. Or pay the $10 more to get monthly credit bureau reports instead of the quarterly report. Monitoring and quarterly is 29.00 monthly is 39.00

I was thinking I might purchase directly from Transunion.

Hope this helps.

I have a pretty good feeling I know what it is. Kinda be nice to see it drop off the other 2 reports but ill wait and see. Im due a full report from Myfico on the 23rd so I can just wait. Id hate to go into debt buying more reports while working on repairing credit to monitor lol.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sign on to TrustedID by TU for free, free daily report updates and the ability to lock/unlock your report in seconds. You won't get a score but you can get TU FICO 8 for free monthly if you're a Discover Customer or you can CCT for $1. You can also answer your question easily if you have Credit Karma as they update your TU and EQ reports at least weekly for free.

I will check it out. I planned on buying a secured credit card most likley discover this week so ill jump on that for extra monitoring.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sign up for WalletHub, as they give you updates to your TU report every morning.  Daily updates make weekly (CK) or 1-3 monthly (myFICO) updates go cry in the corner.

This free service is nice because you'll literally see changes to your TU report the day they happen. I'll then supplement that service with a $1 trial from CCT to grab my scores once I know that the change(s) have taken place that I'm pulling my scores for.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.