cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got new CHASE card after MyFico advice from Score Simulator - score went DOWN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got new CHASE card after MyFico advice from Score Simulator - score went DOWN

Those score simulators are only trying to make you buy stuff you don't need, just like car salesman will try to get you to buy useless products like vin number etching or protection coatings. Getting more cards doesn't help one's credit score. Getting more credit limit can help, but only if you're spending more than 10% of your limit.

Message 11 of 14
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got new CHASE card after MyFico advice from Score Simulator - score went DOWN

Yes when u initially open a line of credit your score drops then the journey up begins 🎉🎉🎉
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi I have no idea what the sim is.  But I also have little interest in learning jargon proprietary to MyFico and it's product.  I have the 3B report and credit scores.  It states clearly this - "Get a credit card with a 5,000 credit limit." And in the visual graphic of each score it shows that it will improve Equifax 20 points, Transunion 5 points and Experian 10 points.  I got the card with that limit and my scores dropped.  It's that simple.  If there is a more comprehensive explanation to this it should be part of the up front message.  I feel that the way this is presented is irresponsible, and can cause damage to a user's finances depending on the context of their situation.  

Frankly I don't care about what MyFico fans have to say about this in its defense.  I am merely posting this as a warning and complaint to others who might consider using the advice in these reports.  The guidance in that score simulator is mis-leading and vague.  Be warned.  End of story.

This is not very nice. These people were trying to help you.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Short answer is, it WILL go up. I'm sure it didn't say WHEN.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.