Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grrrr - big score drop. :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grrrr - big score drop. :(

So I used $145 of $150 of my available credit on my Wal-Mart card on April 14. May 3rd I paid in full - which is 2 days before the due date and 9 days before statement is cut. Also on May 3rd, I called Wal-Mart to ask for a good will deletion of a 30 day late in December 2010 and the guy said they could not do that but would look into it. On May 6th, I got a score watch alert notifying me of a balance inscrease and a 28 score DROP - Wal-Mart updated my account, changing the 30 day late to January 2011 and updating my balance to $145 - so showing I maxed out the card in May.

My question is, will this re-update when the statement is cut on the 12th like it normally does, or will they not re-report because they've added info in May already?  It affected my TU score by 3 points as well.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Grrrr - big score drop. :(

@Anonymous wrote:

So I used $145 of $150 of my available credit on my Wal-Mart card on April 14. May 3rd I paid in full - which is 2 days before the due date and 9 days before statement is cut. Also on May 3rd, I called Wal-Mart to ask for a good will deletion of a 30 day late in December 2010 and the guy said they could not do that but would look into it. On May 6th, I got a score watch alert notifying me of a balance inscrease and a 28 score DROP - Wal-Mart updated my account, changing the 30 day late to January 2011 and updating my balance to $145 - so showing I maxed out the card in May.

My question is, will this re-update when the statement is cut on the 12th like it normally does, or will they not re-report because they've added info in May already?  It affected my TU score by 3 points as well.

I think that your balance/CL should update normally when your statement generates later this month.   But it is possible that some of the score drop was due to the 30 day late appearing one month sooner now.   Any idea why they moved the late from December 2010  to January 2011 ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea. I was actually told by the CSRep to dispute the whole thing and it "maybe" they'll delete the whole thing but I'm just waiting. I don't know what else to do but wait until the update occurs.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My balance history showed a payment of $100 in January 2011 but I don't know if that means anything.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.