Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guestimate of score due to new CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guestimate of score due to new CC

How many points do you think a new CC would drop a fico? I am at 719 across the board got a new AMEX T.E. limit 1200, utility is below 4%, I already took a 2point loss for HP any comments welcomed.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Guestimate of score due to new CC

How many lines of credit do you currently have and what is your current AAoA?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 5
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

It would be extremely difficult to guess any score change since the actual scoring model is not publicly available. If that is your only inq and your AAoA remains about the same, dont expect much of a change. Even if it does dip, your score will improve within 6 months. 

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 3 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Also depends if that card backdates.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 5
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

I opened a new cc  with AAOA of 12 yrs, and TU dropped 16 points. (Also new car loan two months before that), for total of 3 inquiries in about 20 months.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.