Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELOC Balance dropped, and so did my score :-(

tag
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

HELOC Balance dropped, and so did my score :-(

I got a Score Watch alert today:

The total balance on all your HELOC account(s) has changed. This amount is a sum of all HELOC balances.

It went down because I made my monthly payment like I always do. It dropped by about $145 like it does every month.

My Transunion score also dropped. By 6 points. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I've just been minding my own business, paying my bills, letting one card report about 3% of its credit limit, then paying it off after it posts. No new inquiries. No new baddies of any sort. Nothing.

Thoughts?

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELOC Balance dropped, and so did my score :-(

@gamegrrl wrote:

I got a Score Watch alert today:

The total balance on all your HELOC account(s) has changed. This amount is a sum of all HELOC balances.

It went down because I made my monthly payment like I always do. It dropped by about $145 like it does every month.

My Transunion score also dropped. By 6 points. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I've just been minding my own business, paying my bills, letting one card report about 3% of its credit limit, then paying it off after it posts. No new inquiries. No new baddies of any sort. Nothing.

Thoughts?

It's normal for scores to go up and down a few points from month to month.

My wife has a Discover card so we're able to see her TU FICO 08 score. Over the last few months her score has gone down six points, then up eight points the next statement.

What changes from month to month? I have no idea.

Message 2 of 3
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: HELOC Balance dropped, and so did my score :-(

That's what is so weird. My Transunion score has been sitting at 745 since the end of August, 2014. I've been a good girl, so it just seemed odd that after all that time at the same score, it would drop 6 points out of the blue.

I know, I know... The mysterious algorithms and all that. It's just crazy-making Smiley Frustrated

@MarineVietVet wrote:

It's normal for scores to go up and down a few points from month to month.

My wife has a Discover card so we're able to see her TU FICO 08 score. Over the last few months her score has gone down six points, then up eight points the next statement.

What changes from month to month? I have no idea.

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.