cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! CC balance question and the affect on raising credit score fast!

tag
Princess86

HELP! CC balance question and the affect on raising credit score fast!

Is it better to keep your CC balance under ~7-9% lower or do what myfico is suggesting of (it is suggesting to pay off small amounts of my balance over the next 2 years)? Please see the following link: 

http://postimg.org/image/sbxkqhp3x/

I want the option that will best help my score increase FAST! 

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: HELP! CC balance question and the affect on raising credit score fast!

@Princess86 wrote:

Is it better to keep your CC balance under ~7-9% lower or do what myfico is suggesting of (it is suggesting to pay off small amounts of my balance over the next 2 years)? Please see the following link: 

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you!

No, don't wait for 2 years...this is just offering you a long term suggestion if you are unable to cut these down faster. Want to increase your score solely based on utilization? Pay everything down to ZERO today except one revovling account which you will let less than 10% UTIL to report. If you can't do that then pay off as many accounts as you can in full, based on the highest APR. Remember what the goal is, all accounts with a zero balance except one with less than 10% UTIL; and to save money thus paying accounts based on APR.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP! CC balance question and the affect on raising credit score fast!

@tufa4311 wrote:

@Princess86 wrote:

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you!

No, don't wait for 2 years...this is just offering you a long term suggestion if you are unable to cut these down faster. Want to increase your score solely based on utilization? Pay everything down to ZERO today except one revovling account which you will let less than 10% UTIL to report. If you can't do that then pay off as many accounts as you can in full, based on the highest APR. Remember what the goal is, all accounts with a zero balance except one with less than 10% UTIL; and to save money thus paying accounts based on APR.

+1

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.