Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!! Credit Score - Credit Balance/Credit Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP!!!! Credit Score - Credit Balance/Credit Limit

I having troubles deciding whether to lower my credit limits on my credit cards or leaving them as they are now.I currently have a car loan that is 35k and planning to refinance it to 19k.  My credit limits are as follow:

1st card = 7k

2nd card = 12.5k

3rd card = 2.5k

4th card = 1k

5th card = 1k

6th card = 600

I always pay off my balance in full. My credit score has been sitting at 730 for over 6 months now.  I'm planning on purchasing a house within the next couple of months.  I do want to increase my credit score and increase my chance of being able to borrow as much as 350k.  I have done alot of researching online but not sure on what to do as of this point.  Please help if you can.  Does my car loan balance play a role in my total balance/total limit ratio?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP!!!! Credit Score - Credit Balance/Credit Limit

You have received replies to this message on the General Credit Issues board with the same question. Please see the response here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=126213#M126213

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.