Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! NEED REAL FICO SCORES! PLEASE -/

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! NEED REAL FICO SCORES! PLEASE -/

Boy, I thought I was becoming an expert.  Ready to pull the trigger and lock on a rate.

BUT -- how do I get my real FICO scores?  Ideally relatively quickly without signing up for something.

There is a blizzard of advertised offers -- but somehow "FICO" just disappears on the page where you pay.  And if I miss it I end up with of many forms of FAKO.  I've got that.  I don't need

Thanks once again for any assistance.   -/  (That's me on bended knee.)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP! NEED REAL FICO SCORES! PLEASE -/

For a one time score/report without a sign up: FICO Standard.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

I wonder.....  If the information is the same on all 3 reports, and you have a fico score for EQ and TU, is it safe to say your EX will be similar?

Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Know that aside from myFICO and your lender, you can only get your EQ FICO via the products listed on www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

You can't buy your TU FICO anywhere except from your lender or myFICO.

Finally, you cannot purchase your EX FICO from anywhere, but your lender can provide it for you.

There are a few rare places outside the above whereby you can get your FICO. For example, Wal-Mart gives the new TU FICO version for free as part of the service if you have a Wal-Mart CC. DCU, a credit union, provides free EQ FICOs. And PSECU offers a free EX FICO as part of a service if you are members with them.

Nearly 99.9% of the scores out there for purchase are not FICO scores.

If you do find a website that says "FICO" scores, but does a bait-n-switch (there are some), post back and maybe we can sic FICO on them.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can purchase your EQ & TU FICO's here, just click on "Fico Scores & Credit Report" at the top left of the page and what you want is the FICO Standard. Or even better yet on the home page you should see a icon (to the right of the page) that says "MyFico Forum Friends & Family Holiday Offer Save 10% on all Fico Products" just click on that and once you click checkout the discount will already be applied.

Hope this helps, and these are your REAL FICO EQ & TU Scores & Reports

EDIT: While I was typing this on my DROIDX I see several others have already replied, sorry for repeating what the others have already posted. I'm a little slow typing on my phone.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bless you all

for the prompt responses.   It is TU that I am worried about -- they have been extraordinarily inaccurate and a laggard in recording changes.  So I should be okay with the two reports.

I'll get back to you if anything interesting happens.

Thanks again.  Sincrerely.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are very welcome, please do post the results if you don't mind.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I KNEW IT,  TRANSUNION -- THE edited INCOMPETENTS.

Looking at data from a FAKO reporting service, I see the INCOMPETENTS at TU have my wife's balance wrong on an account even though it is a joint account that reported more than ten days ago and they have mine right.   The SLIMY edited of course expect to get paid for the edited.

This costs her more than 50 points.

This system is rotten to the core!!!!

Can we guess what they are going to say despite the obvious error?

I will ask my intended lender how they calculate the score they use.  Perhaps the edited won't cost me anything.

Of the many things we can't talk about on here, politics is one. - llecs, myFICO moderator

ETA...Veiled profanity isn't allowed on here either. Keep in mind that this forum is a family-friendly community. - llecs

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the outburst, but I have been learning and working since August to bring my sores up.  I do everything and TU just goes blithely along its merry way.  The next day it changed the data, but raised that that one score just a smidgen.   5 scores for my wife and me that are fairly similar with hers a tad lower than mine.  What possible justification can there be for one that is radically different?   Why is TU necessary?  So the banks can have a middle score? 

Anyway I have been waiting hoping TU would do something.  With the Euro self-destructing interest rates are NOT going up in any significant way.  (IMO, that is.)

I don't like having this hanging over me during the holidays so I may go ahead.  I'll let you know what happens.

Incidentally, I had plenty of asterisks in my previous message.   The software caught me anyway.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.