Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Score Watch gave me score Equifax doesn't have apparently

tag
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

HELP! Score Watch gave me score Equifax doesn't have apparently

Hey guys.  I need your help on this one.

I just tried applying for a balance transfer card and was denied because the bank said my Equifax FICO was 653.  How can that be when I just checked BOTH credit reports at TU and EQ a week ago and the score is 702.  ScoreWatch sent me the alert about 702.  What to do? 

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! Score Watch gave me score Equifax doesn't have apparently

My EQ FICO is almost exactly the same as yours, 701. I wouldn't dare even try for a card with a BT promo because I know I would be denied.

I would suggest you get very specific with the card provider and ask them EXACTLY what CRA and be specific about "FICO" and what version.

Message 2 of 4
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

This is helpful.  Thanks.

My credit hunt today has taught me that somelendors (Wells Fargo, Credit Unions) are not just using the solid, real FICO score anymore.  They might be using it, but they are also using the score generated by the credit reporting agency's scoring system.

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MissExcellentCredit wrote:

This is helpful.  Thanks.

My credit hunt today has taught me that somelendors (Wells Fargo, Credit Unions) are not just using the solid, real FICO score anymore.  They might be using it, but they are also using the score generated by the credit reporting agency's scoring system.

I would say a lender does NOT use anything EX/EQ/TU uses that's non-FICO. Your lender more than likely pulled a diff. version of a FICO score.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.