cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP figuring out what to do next..need to fix score!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP figuring out what to do next..need to fix score!

My husband and I lost everything about 5-6 years ago due to serious health problems (he ended up getting a heart transplant).

There are a few things on the credit report we need help with.  Please excuse me if I don't know all the terms etc used but I will explain it the best I can.

Our mortgage:  We were foreclosed on (told to get out after missing one payment in 8 years).  The last activity was shown at 10/07 (one year after our last payment was made).  They did sell the house and are still reporting each month.  Is there anything we can do about this or just have to wait it out?  We have his COE from the VA and are wanting to purcahse a home but we have to get some of this takes care of first.

Auto loan.  His truck was reposessed 2/2007.  HSBC sold the account to Credit solutions corp.  They are reporting it twice.  They have the same info on both accounts but have the account number on one and HSBCAUTO- and the same account number as the other account.  Can we do something about this?

Also there are a lot of unpaid medical.  But one is showing as a credit account.  Now it is with the same agency (Central Financial Control) as the others but they have it listed as a credit account instead of unpaid medical bils like the others.

Lastly, the report I pulled told me when things would be removed.  The one the lender pulled of course did not.  I have marked everything but some of the dates I don't understand.  I know it is generally 7 years, can anyone tell me 7 years from what date?  Last reported?  Last activity or payment?  If it is last reported and they keep reporting for years like they have it will never go off and we can never start over.

Also what is the BEST way to rebuild credit.  We don't want any large payment like vehicles, we paid cash for our vehicles and do not want payments.  But something that would help raise the FICO and not really effect our pockets.  We have paid cash for so many years payments really scare us.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP figuring out what to do next..need to fix score!

The CRTP is set by the DOFD of the account.  That is the first time it went delinquent and wasn't brought current.  The time period for this is 7 years + 180 days.  Now when you look at your reports.  EQ will list a DOFD and TU and EX will have an estimated exclusion date.

You say these are mostly from 2007, that plays to your favor due to the fact that these are aging accounts. 

You talk about payments, actually the best credit scores are from having available credit and not necessarily using it.  A secured card is a good way to go.  You can put money on it and the money is still yours. 

Go to the Rebuilding Credit Forums and start asking questions on each of your negative Trade Lines.  Always people in there waiting and wanting to help.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.