Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HERE'S THE SKINNY ON ZERO BALANCES

tag
poet
Regular Contributor

Re: HERE'S THE SKINNY ON ZERO BALANCES

Hauling, I paid my balances in full before or on the due date. AFTER that, these tiny balances showed up on my accounts. Can only assume it was interest from the balance I'd just paid...but that seems, well, squirrelly on their part.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 32
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: HERE'S THE SKINNY ON ZERO BALANCES

@poet wrote:

Hauling, I paid my balances in full before or on the due date. AFTER that, these tiny balances showed up on my accounts. Can only assume it was interest from the balance I'd just paid...but that seems, well, squirrelly on their part.

Due date, or statement date?

What gets reported for most cards is your balance as of the statement date. HSBC/ Orchard bank cards and US Bank cards report the balance as of the last day of the month. (I'm sorry, because I've probably already posted this 2 or 3 times on this thread. It's sort of autopilot by now. Smiley Very Happy)

So even though the balance is PIF'd by the due date, it has already been reported.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.