Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIT A WALL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HIT A WALL

I have been working on my credit score for over 3 years and my wall seems to be around 660.  When I say working, I have not had any negative accounts for 4 years and I have 3 cc's that are all withing the last couple of years and keep a 1-2% balance on these cards.  I have 2-4 negative accounts ranging from 7 years to 4 years old.  I have 2 mortgages, one that is almost two years old and one that is 7 months old.  I realize one of my problems is age of credit, but my credit report now looks pretty decent to me.  Should I start disputing these items...if so where do I start.
I would certainly appreciate any advice from the pros here.
Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HIT A WALL

Disputing them on what grounds?  Are they reporting incorrectly?

When you have a certain number of baddies (or just certain baddies, period) there seems to be an upper limit to your scores until those baddies age and/or fall off.  Often those baddies will hold you back enough that an endless amount of tweaking in other areas does little to no good at all.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are 2 account that are not mine.  Also I have several 15 or so inquiries that I have no clue where they came from.  I tried lending tree and some other one stop mortgage shops so maybe these are ths ource.  How the heck do I go about getting these cleared.
Message 3 of 5
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

bobaloo1818 wrote:
There are 2 account that are not mine.  Also I have several 15 or so inquiries that I have no clue where they came from.  I tried lending tree and some other one stop mortgage shops so maybe these are ths ource.  How the heck do I go about getting these cleared.

Are the ings hard or soft. Only hards count.

Who is reporting the 2 accounts that are not yours an OC or CA?

If a CA  you would mail a DV  CMRRR

If its an OC I would call them first and notify them that it isn't your debt
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.