Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY MACKEREL!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOLY MACKEREL!!!

Pulled the Hubsters report on 8/12 and TU was a very meager 616, today; 10 days(and another 15 bux) later....

Drum roll please....

664!!!!!

Flippin' Awesome!!!  EQ only went up 1 measley pt.  But still!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: HOLY MACKEREL!!!

Congratulations!

Can you share with us what you think may have made the difference?

Message 2 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your score increase. By the way if you look around you can find 20-30% off coupons for fico report costs.
Message 3 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!!!! What were the changes?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid 3 cc's off.  Zero bal.  Sent a gw to target bank, they removed a late from '07. But I don't think that made much of a difference. Still awesome!  My mortgage guy wanted me to get both scores above 620 before we pulled the credit for a preapp.   Citibank denied request for removing lates.  I kinda figured that being the lates are really recent.  April '09.  Still waiting on cap1 crossin' my fingers but not too hopeful. 

Now I just have to get a collection from '07 off report.  I think that will have to wait because we want to start the process of buying a house NOW! 

The hubster said if he has to deal with our dinosaur furnace this winter he will not be a happy camper.  We rent and our landlord could give a you-know-what about us or this house.  We have not even seen him in the 6 years we have been here.  Hmmm...I thought rental properties were supposed to have inspections now and again...

Message 5 of 10
Macroman
Regular Contributor

In most communities there is some kind of housing authority you can call to inspect the unit for violations. Of course if you do that you'll want to have your own ducks in a row too.

Congrats on the great score.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I am sure there is...but...why bother?  Our landlord and his family pretty much owns 90% of our area, they are more interested in business real estate and development.  He could care less about a measley rental house.  We are SO OUTTA HERE!  I wish I could buy this house but it'll never happen and if we did have the opportunity he would totally sc**w us.
Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

jennyj wrote:

Citibank denied request for removing lates.  I kinda figured that being the lates are really recent.  April '09. 

If there is any way that you can hold off on your mortgage app until November (April + 6 months + time to update), you might get some score benefit.

Ideally, you would wait until April 2010, but I understand that that might not be practical.

But a new late is a major, major score killer --easily worth 50 points. Lenders want to see clean, responsible recent history.

Good luck to you, and congrats on the good work so far!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid 3 cc's off.  Zero bal.  Sent a gw to target bank, they removed a late from '07. But I don't think that made much of a difference. Still awesome!  My mortgage guy wanted me to get both scores above 620 before we pulled the credit for a preapp.   Citibank denied request for removing lates.  I kinda figured that being the lates are really recent.  April '09.  Still waiting on cap1 crossin' my fingers but not too hopeful. 

Now I just have to get a collection from '07 off report.  I think that will have to wait because we want to start the process of buying a house NOW! 

The hubster said if he has to deal with our dinosaur furnace this winter he will not be a happy camper.  We rent and our landlord could give a you-know-what about us or this house.  We have not even seen him in the 6 years we have been here.  Hmmm...I thought rental properties were supposed to have inspections now and again...

Hold back on paying your rent. The landlord will be there in short order. He can fix your furnace in exchange for the rent. This is exactly what I would do.

Message 9 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@GomerPyle wrote:

Hold back on paying your rent. The landlord will be there in short order. He can fix your furnace in exchange for the rent. This is exactly what I would do.

Please be careful when advising people to withhold rent. Laws vary by state. If rent is withheld in some states, it has to be put in a special escrow account, legal notice given to landlord, etc.

If you withhold rent in a way that does not follow the letter of the law, you could end up being evicted and sued. No one wants a judgement (public record) on their credit report.

Be very careful...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.