Frequent Contributor
pdog661

HP on your credit

Hi,

Does anyone know the metric used to determine how much effect hard pulls have on your score as they age?

IE does a HP that is 9 months have the same effect on your score as a HP that is 1 month old?

Thanks

Established Contributor
namvet

Re: HP on your credit

As HPs age they have a smaller impact on your credit score.  Most damage is done during the first 6 months, less during the 2nd 6 month period and no effect in the third 6 month period.

Frequent Contributor
pdog661

Thank you. 

Established Member
cleansheet

There is also an effect from length of credit history, at least that was the effect of some experimenting I did with the score simulator.  Having a short history means the HP has much more effect than having a long history, it will both have more negative at the start, and will age more slowly.

Starting Score: 2012-10-06 EX: SSN has not been allocated! (funny I pay my taxes)
Current FAKO Score: 2013-06-08 EQ 703, EX 704, TU 700
Goal Score: 760+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+