cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPs first 6 months, rounded to beginning of month?

tag
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

HPs first 6 months, rounded to beginning of month?

I had like 10 HPs on April 15th. So by October 15, the heavy weight of the HPs should drop off.

However, according to SW, my FICO went from 661 to 706 on October 5th. There is no other reason for the score jump besides the HP's aging 6 months. So did FICO just rounded it to the beginning of the month? My score is still 706 today. No alerts since the 5th.

Edit to add: Alert was for: SW says "reason for increased score may be due to balance decrease on one or more accounts" . I had one account decease by $20 so i know that wasnt it (given my thick profile). I learned not to listen to the alert reasons because I know it can be misleading.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: HPs first 6 months, rounded to beginning of month?

so far ive only notcied inquiry aging score bumps to the date; However for the actual accounts id get score bumps at the beginning of the month. did any of your inquiries lead to accounts opened that same month?

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 2 of 5
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

so far ive only notcied inquiry aging score bumps to the date; However for the actual accounts id get score bumps at the beginning of the month. did any of your inquiries lead to accounts opened that same month?

Yeah, 3 of the inquiries were credit cards and were opened that month. So the scorebump is from the account's age? That doesn't make sense, I don't think...? Little confused.

FWIW, My AAoA is 6 years.

Message 3 of 5
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@Stiga9 wrote:

@YahComb wrote:

Yeah, 3 of the inquiries were credit cards and were opened that month. So the scorebump is from the account's age? That doesn't make sense, I don't think...? Little confused.

FWIW, My AAoA is 6 years.

The score bump is from the account(s) no longer being classified as recently opened.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 5
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@OhioCPA, ohhh got it. thanks.

So I should get another score bump soon for the inquiries aging 6 months, right? It's the 21st now, still no SW update.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.