Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiry Effect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard Inquiry Effect

I just read from another post that hard inquiries have no effect on your score after 1 year.  Can someone second this to be true?  I am having my lender hold off on pulling our credit report because we're 3 points from getting a conforming loan.  I have a inquiry dropping off tomorrow and was hoping to get a bump.  Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard Inquiry Effect

I found my answer on myFICO FAQ.  "Inquiries remain on your credit report for two years, although FICO® scores only consider inquiries from the last 12 months."
Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found my answer on myFICO FAQ.  "Inquiries remain on your credit report for two years, although FICO® scores only consider inquiries from the last 12 months."
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The Credit Education tab up above has a lot of useful info for the lost and baffled, lol. And I love their PDF booklet about all things credit. (It's linked in my siggy below.) I always recommend it for those who are new to credit scoring, as well as to those who have been staggering through this long enough to become hopelessly confused.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.