Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiry Question?

tag
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Hard Inquiry Question?

I'm not 100% sure where this fits on the community boards but here goes anyways.

Well basicly we've been dealing with a company for an home equailty loan or something of the sort, i'm going skip over the full details, kinda personal family schtuff going on..., but let me fill you in on enough to get us to the point here...

It FINALLY looks like this whole ordeal is comming to a close and I will get this loan. But in the proccess... I'm not sure if the company was purposly dragging there feet or if there was truelly some outher issues or something behind the scenes taking place delaying every step of the way... we've done nothing but cooperate and get everything needed in a timely mannor to them and if it wasn't strictly paperwork everything else took an age to get done(getting an appraiser to the house & inspector to check it all out and what not).

But do to so much delay, they did a hard inquiry on me back in September. And it's now March... as everything is laid and out pretty much ready a second inquiry has been tacked onto my report.... (Same company/ inquiry too just a new date... and clearly the original one is still there)

yea aprox. 6 months... gah... this has been midly frustating...

Now my question is, is there anything I can do about this additional inquiry... it's not my fault this proccess took forever and they had to repull information. I mean my credit is in decent shape but who wants unnessecary stuff on their report...?

Hope someone has suggestions or if there is nothing I can do about it well... I guess if it's the case I'll have to live with it until it comes off... but seriously if anything is possible let me know!

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Hard Inquiry Question?

Congrats on completing the equity loan process.

The good news is, the scoring impact of that first INQ will likely fade to nothing in another 6 months. That would be about the time you got through the process of having it removed...then poof... it's automatically not impacting anyway.

Enjoy the summer instead Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 3
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Re: Hard Inquiry Question?

Thank you!!

ahh i guess your right though, if it takes that long to have a chance of getting it off i might as well leave it fade into obscurity on it's own. In reality, I shouldn't need any more major credit services atm or really anything else that requires a hard inquiry, I mean anything is possible but right now things are looking decent. and again I'm still not to bad off on my personal credit history so 1 extra inquiry shouldn't break me lol.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.