Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard pull for new bank acct

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Hard pull for new bank acct

Just caught your app spree comment, BTW. 

Might be held against you, depending on your file strength. 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's why I wanted to wait until summer to try the new chase card. After that, no more cards. Nothing else I want and I'm working to buy a house I a yr or two. I have a barclaycard too. Nfl extra. I hear they like to cancel cards I'd you open new ones too soon. I opened one just after getting theirs. So far no issue, but wanted to hit the 6 month mark trying for anything, I case they get angry with me. That's the one card I wouldn't mind not having anymore, but to not affect my credit, I want to keep it open.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

On phone, sorry for the spelling errors.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both of my chased cards were initially denied for too many inquires. Both recon with success. I had 11 inquires. They pulled experian for me here in Northern California.

I never got any prequalified offers from Chase prior to approvals.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx for your reply. That's good to know. I have 2 inquiries on ex, 1 on tu, and 4 on eq. Chase did both ex and eq for my freedom. Not sure how many is too many, but 2 of the 4 on eq werent loans or lines of credit. Based on these replies, sounds like I might be okay. Yay Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: just got a fico alert for new inquiry. No change to my score. Smiley Happy I expected it to drop a little, but no change. Will still wait to apply for chase. I make my last car payment June 28th. I've heard people say their score drops when the car is paid off, so I may apply right before I pay off the car.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.