seetheworld1

Harmful to CS to update 4-year old judgment as paid?

Hi guys. I have a judgment on my credit report that I paid one month after it was entered (fall 2010). Two of the credit bureaus had it reported as satisfied, but one didn’t. I just disputed the status with the third bureau and a rep said they would look into it, but now I’m wondering if I did the wrong thing. Since it’s been so long on the judgment, was it having less of an effect on my credit score? And will updating it to paid on the third report cause my score to fall because I’m updating essentially what’s negative information? Thanks for your help.

guiness56

Re: Harmful to CS to update 4-year old judgment as paid?

Not really sure about a judgment.

What is being reported now?  Is there a date reported?

seetheworld1

It's scheduled to come off the report in 8/15...

Valued Contributor
gdale6

[ Edited ]

The basic reporting date of the judgment cannot change, they can show a current date in the "verified on" field but this will not cause a drop in score. If these judgements are paid I suggest filing a motion to vacate it with the court that granted it based on the grounds that it has been paid. If this is granted they are wiped off the CR all together.

EX Cred Ses 08/14: 767 ; EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775; EX Fico 08 07/14 778 ; EX Fico 08 BC 07/14: 800
EQ Fico 05/14 781 ; EQ MPM 07/14: 721
TU Fico 8 07/14: 719; TU MPM 06/14 706

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}