cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harmful to CS to update 4-year old judgment as paid?

tag
seetheworld1

Harmful to CS to update 4-year old judgment as paid?

Hi guys. I have a judgment on my credit report that I paid one month after it was entered (fall 2010). Two of the credit bureaus had it reported as satisfied, but one didn’t. I just disputed the status with the third bureau and a rep said they would look into it, but now I’m wondering if I did the wrong thing. Since it’s been so long on the judgment, was it having less of an effect on my credit score? And will updating it to paid on the third report cause my score to fall because I’m updating essentially what’s negative information? Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Harmful to CS to update 4-year old judgment as paid?

Not really sure about a judgment.

What is being reported now?  Is there a date reported?

Message 2 of 4
seetheworld1

It's scheduled to come off the report in 8/15...

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The basic reporting date of the judgment cannot change, they can show a current date in the "verified on" field but this will not cause a drop in score. If these judgements are paid I suggest filing a motion to vacate it with the court that granted it based on the grounds that it has been paid. If this is granted they are wiped off the CR all together.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.