Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has FICO scoring changed?

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

Has FICO scoring changed?

It's been about 5 years since I kept track of my FICO scores but today I decide to check them out for security purposes and make certain nothing funny was going on. Anyway, all is good but my scores are really low:

TU: 708

EQ: 680

EX: 711

My memory says my scores used to be in mid 700's, has something changed?

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has FICO scoring changed?

The TU and EQ FICO versions have always been the same on here, or at least when I started here in 2007. The EX FICO version is different from before though. It was Fair Isaac Risk Model v2. EX did their thing and your EX FICO wasn't available for purchase for a long while. Now it's back under a new FICO8 version.

Message 2 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

Thanks for responding, it's appreciated.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Fair \isaac can trim or modify their algorithms at will, so it is next to impossible to know if their scoring criteria have substantively changed.

One factor that I would assume is most likely updated on a regular basis is their categoriization, or "bucketing", of their scoring based on current peer group evaluation, which by definition changes over time based on current statistics.

Message 4 of 6
GFer
Valued Contributor

Just to clarify; rebucketing sets the stage for eventually reaching higher scores!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
GFer
Valued Contributor

Just to clarify; rebucketing sets the stage for eventually reaching higher scores! Rebucketing is when you are compared with files that are very similiar to yours.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.