cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody else experience their Fico score go down due to the upgrade they did?

tag
Insane
New Visitor

Has anybody else experience their Fico score go down due to the upgrade they did?

I received an email from Myfico.com that they upgrade their site and I invited to go check it out for free.  I did to find out my score which I have been working diligently to improve and it was now when down 23 points in a blink of an eye.  They discovered they added to red areas to my report which make no sense.  I have 4 current debts and it says it should be 3 to have good credit.  That is crazy!  That would mean your only allowed what a house payment, car payment and one credit card or some combination there of.  The other is you have a credit balance which is not going down.  Hello, it's called an interest only loan which is legal and am making the contractual payments.  In fact I'm spending all this money on credit reports to get my score where I can refinance into a fixed with a good interest rate.  These new measures are rediculus and distructive.  I am beside myself.  I check through another credit reporting company and pulled it up in Myfico too and compared the two to find Myfico was 106 pts lower that's insane.  I have to ask why such big discrepencies WHAT IS GOING ON.  This means bigger interest rates can be inflicted by the banking industry on otherwise good credit worthy people.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anybody else experience their Fico score go down due to the upgrade they did?

I lost 26 or so points when I was moved to the new model.

This is probably because my 2 oldest accounts, ones that I was an AU on, are no longer showing on my EQ report. As I understand it, the new model ignores AU accounts altogether.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has anybody else experience their Fico score go down due to the upgrade they did?

FICO 08 does not exclude them all together, just less emphasis on them, especially if they're just piggybacking off of someone else and not a household member.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.