Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has this ever happened to any of you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this ever happened to any of you?

I had a gas card with a small credit limit ( $500) , it had been reporting on my files for a little over a year. Some other bank took over the card and removed the trade line from all three bureaus.

No warning or anything !  It was a positive TL also.

Just wondering if this happens frequently.  I hope that they don't start reporting the account as being new.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has this ever happened to any of you?

When did you last use it?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use it every month. Never been late.......    I received a notice a few months back that they would be taking over.  I called them because I had to reset my online account and I ask them when did they report to the CRA's.  The rep told me "usully at the end of the statement period".  I said okay and the nexy next month instead of them reporting the TL, it was removed and has been for a couple of months now.

Im not exactly sure if the TL was helping or not.  It was new, so it was bringing down my history. i want to get a mortgage within the next 3 months, so IM scared to mess with it.
Message 3 of 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Ok. Just call them and explain the situation. I am sure they will have no issue reinserting.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait and see what they post. Hopefully you will keep the history. When Wash Mut took over Providian I kept my history the acct. name just changed.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice .
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this does happen when a portfolio is sold (or the company issues cards through a new bank). Give it 2-3 months before panicking. I know there have been a couple of portfolio migrations for gas cards recently. Off the top of my head, BP is one of them.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This one happens to be exxon mobile.  Like I said it was a positive acct, but with a short history. I wonder if it was helping or hurting my score as it was bringing down my length of history. If that put it back on I will not have any problem with it as long as they don't start the payment history over.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it approaching the 6-12 month stage yet? If so it maybe a plus if your util is low. See if you can find out what the intend to post first. You don't want surprises when you go to the table.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was opened July 2006.  So yeah it would have been a year old in 2 months. It has a $500 CL and a $100 balance.  My wife is the only one that uses it and I get stuck with the bill.  I used to PIF every month but when it was removed I spent the money in other areas of my credit report. it has been removed for about three months now!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.