Established Member
jdeezy

Has this ever happened to any of you?

I had a gas card with a small credit limit ( $500) , it had been reporting on my files for a little over a year. Some other bank took over the card and removed the trade line from all three bureaus.

No warning or anything !  It was a positive TL also.

Just wondering if this happens frequently.  I hope that they don't start reporting the account as being new.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Has this ever happened to any of you?

When did you last use it?
Established Member
jdeezy

I use it every month. Never been late.......    I received a notice a few months back that they would be taking over.  I called them because I had to reset my online account and I ask them when did they report to the CRA's.  The rep told me "usully at the end of the statement period".  I said okay and the nexy next month instead of them reporting the TL, it was removed and has been for a couple of months now.

Im not exactly sure if the TL was helping or not.  It was new, so it was bringing down my history. i want to get a mortgage within the next 3 months, so IM scared to mess with it.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Ok. Just call them and explain the situation. I am sure they will have no issue reinserting.
New Contributor
Diamond

I would wait and see what they post. Hopefully you will keep the history. When Wash Mut took over Providian I kept my history the acct. name just changed.
Established Member
jdeezy

Thanks for the advice .
Regular Contributor
Skiffy

I know this does happen when a portfolio is sold (or the company issues cards through a new bank). Give it 2-3 months before panicking. I know there have been a couple of portfolio migrations for gas cards recently. Off the top of my head, BP is one of them.
Established Member
jdeezy

This one happens to be exxon mobile.  Like I said it was a positive acct, but with a short history. I wonder if it was helping or hurting my score as it was bringing down my length of history. If that put it back on I will not have any problem with it as long as they don't start the payment history over.
Moderator Emeritus
LadyFICO

Is it approaching the 6-12 month stage yet? If so it maybe a plus if your util is low. See if you can find out what the intend to post first. You don't want surprises when you go to the table.
Established Member
jdeezy

It was opened July 2006.  So yeah it would have been a year old in 2 months. It has a $500 CL and a $100 balance.  My wife is the only one that uses it and I get stuck with the bill.  I used to PIF every month but when it was removed I spent the money in other areas of my credit report. it has been removed for about three months now!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}