cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has this ever happened to someone...fico drop from dormant account being used?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has this ever happened to someone...fico drop from dormant account being used?

@AndySoCal wrote:

It is being reported in you balances because it is being reported  as a revolving account. Is the high balance or credit limit being reported for the Macy account?  What is credit utilization on for all credit card accounts ? IE  total revolving balances / total credit limits  Are you getting FICO score reason about the number accounts with balances or any similair message?  I ask these questions for a reason. It may not be the macy account per say it may be a combination of factors.

no high balance/CL as macy's stopped doing that.

my total Util at that time was 51% with the macy's balance included. My report also confirms this amount

Message 11 of 27
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Has this ever happened to someone...fico drop from dormant account being used?

I take it you're quite the Martha Stewart fan! lol

May I ask how you knew your util was 51%?

Aside from your report confirming it. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 27
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Alexandria wrote:

no high balance/CL as macy's stopped doing that.

my total Util at that time was 51% with the macy's balance included. My report also confirms this amount

What is your Macy's balance?

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

lmao why martha stewart? i knew it was 51% b/c i did the math which included the macy's balance but not the CL.

right now the balance is $0 but it was $161 at the time of 51%

Message 14 of 27
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

lmao why martha stewart? i knew it was 51% b/c i did the math which included the macy's balance but not the CL.

right now the balance is $0 but it was $113 at the time of 51%

Sorry, nothing to do with you really. I have just been way too giddy ever since earlier today when I happened to stumble into this other thread about a Macy's card.

And I think in the process I misunderstood your reference to "this amount", which was likely your Macy's card balance rather than your util.

Anyway, it just seems improbable to me that your balance was included in your util when your credit limit was not.

Do you have the math from back then handy? If so, could you line up all the balances and credit limits?

This was once hard for me to figure out. I couldn't match my util with my balances and credit limits. And then it finally hit me. Only the balance and the credit limit from one of my cards were used, because both the balances and the credit limits from my other two cards were not used in calculating the util.

So now you know why I might think that your Macy's balance wasn't used in your util. Because mine weren't. Of course there might situations when that's not the case. I just don't know about them.

Interesting with your $113 by the way. Isn't that the exact amount that was on OP's card?

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

right now the balance is $0 but it was $113 at the time of 51%

Sorry, nothing to do with you really. I have just been way too giddy ever since earlier today when I happened to stumble into this other thread about a Macy's card.

And I think in the process I misunderstood your reference to "this amount", which was likely your Macy's card balance rather than your util.

Anyway, it just seems improbable to me that your balance was included in your util when your credit limit was not.

Do you have the math from back then handy? If so, could you line up all the balances and credit limits?

This was once hard for me to figure out. I couldn't match my util with my balances and credit limits. And then it finally hit me. Only the balance and the credit limit from one of my cards were used, because both the balances and the credit limits from my other two cards were not used in calculating the util.

So now you know why I might think that your Macy's balance wasn't used in your util. Because mine weren't. Of course there might situations when that's not the case. I just don't know about them.

Interesting with your $113 by the way. Isn't that the exact amount that was on OP's card?

good catch on the $113. yeah that was just me reading over the thread a couple times and saying his balance and not mine which was actually $161. There goes all my credibility Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macy's and Martha Stewart :MS is all over their housewares and bedding departments.

In fact, it can be a bit of a struggle finding everyday kitchen stuff without her on it. But I have to admit, I do like my set of three nylon chopping boards.

Anyway, back to the thread topic!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 27
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Re: Macy's and Martha Stewart :MS is all over their housewares and bedding departments.

In fact, it can be a bit of a struggle finding everyday kitchen stuff without her on it. But I have to admit, I do like my set of three nylon chopping boards.

Anyway, back to the thread topic!

And would you believe it. She just popped up on my TV set. A full hour of the always enticing Martha Stewart. I'm so thrilled. Smiley Very Happy

Returning to the thread topic, you wrote that "FWIW, TU usually rewards all accounts with $0 at your score level."

That is unfortunately not my experience. EQ dinged me 0 points, while TU dinged me 22 points. (My TU score at the time happened to be exactly 22 points higher than my EQ score, so equal now.)

DW will soon be at the baseline too. I look forward whether her EQ/TU will follow your experience or mine.

Message 18 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Smiley Surprised

Must be a bucket thing? I have a long history (21+ years.) Maybe that affects how they react.

Bizarre, isn't it?

Anyway, there's a general heads-up to everyone: there is often a penalty, sometimes sizable, for all revolving accounts with $0 balances!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I did get rebucketed? the Macys account did also age to 2 years this month.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.