Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have no FICO scores

tag
Himo
Valued Member

Have no FICO scores

I obtained my SSN in NOV 2012 "New in the US", opened BofA secured credit card in Nov , opened Capital One secured credit card in Jan13 and an installment account from a credit union. Yet you have not generated my FICO scores. I called your customer service department and the agent said that it will take two years from the date I received my SSN even though I am able to access all the three credit bureaus scores . Is that true ? Two years ? That doesn't sound right to me Smiley Sad . I just got my BofA card graduated to an unsecured credit card, just FYI . Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Have no FICO scores

All I knew of is that you must have a valid tradeline for 6 months to generate a score.  I haven't heard of having to have a SSN for 2 years.  Maybe someone else will chime in on this.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

In order for a FICO® score to be calculated, a report must contain these minimum requirements:

· At least one account that has been open for six months or more
· At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
· No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).

However, I have seen other threads quoting the two year timeline too.
Message 3 of 12
financekid
Established Member

I have had my SSN 2 months longer than you and I have had a FICO score since April , you only need 6 months of credit card/ loan reporting to generate one. Try buying them straight from bureaus not 3rd party sites because I have Bofa & Cap 1 secured cards that have reported faithfully every month, as well as the cards in my siggy. Good luck
Starting Score: FAKOS EQ 627 TU 687 EX 627 CK 713 (12/12)
Current Scores: FICOs EQ 698 TU 708 (7/13)
Goal Scores : 720+ across the board..........no apps till Jan 2014

In wallet:CAP1 (Closed)/BOA CASH (5k)/DISCOVER (5.5k)/CHASE FREEDOM (3k)/BARCLAYS (3.3k)/AMEX BCE(1k)
Future wallet: Citi,
Message 4 of 12
handle_free

I can definetly confirm this 2 year "requirement".

I moved to the US in late 2011 so am just shy of the 2 year mark and as recently as last week tried again (4th attempt) to get my fico scores from the myfico.com site (before apping for the SPG) and encountered this same exact issue. Called CSR and was told that it was probably (again probably) due to not having had my SS for 2 years yet. BTW the exact same issue happened with my DW who obtained her SS a few months after me and also has cards under her name that have been reporting for almost 2 years now, no go on the fico scores.

This is odd especially since the credit card companies do seem to be able to get the scores somehow. I have 4 CC's (Cap1, Chase, Amex and Citi) now including the Amex SPG which I was instantly approved for after I couldn't pull my fico scores last week. My oldest CC is the secured Cap1 card obtained in late 2011 which has been reporting just fine from the beginning. I signed up for Amex CredSecure, CK and Credit Sesame and they all can see/update all my accts, INQ, TL's just fine. Too bad they're FAKO's.

With all due respect it is a bit frustrating, kinda like driving blind. FAKO's are fine to keep track but I'd like to get the real McCoy Smiley Sad

There doesn't seem to be an official mention on this anywhere on the site except for a few posts here and there.

Last week's email from myfico authentication customer care states as follows after

"Thank you for your recent visit to myFICO.com.

Unfortunately, we were unable to confirm your identity during your last purchase attempt. Your security is important to us, and therefore you will need to confirm your identity prior to purchasing any future myFICO® product."

It will be interesting to see what happens after I hit my 2 year mark.

Message 5 of 12
financekid
Established Member

@Handle-free , it's because myfico is 3rd party as well, you and your wife can go to Equifax.com, Transunion.com etc and directly purchase your FICOs from them you wouldn't have the non secured credit cards you have if you didn't have a FICO score.
Starting Score: FAKOS EQ 627 TU 687 EX 627 CK 713 (12/12)
Current Scores: FICOs EQ 698 TU 708 (7/13)
Goal Scores : 720+ across the board..........no apps till Jan 2014

In wallet:CAP1 (Closed)/BOA CASH (5k)/DISCOVER (5.5k)/CHASE FREEDOM (3k)/BARCLAYS (3.3k)/AMEX BCE(1k)
Future wallet: Citi,
Message 6 of 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Transunion sells Fako scores on their site. EQ does sell Fico scores but you have to really look hard on their site.

Message 7 of 12
handle_free

Thanks for the replies guys. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that the only place to get real fico scores was from myfico.com apart from certain lenders that provide them as part of their member services, ie Walmart w TU98. All others were FAKO's including scores obtained directly from the CRA's.

Can anyone confirm this? Here's hoping I'm mistaken.

Where on on the Eq site can I get the true Fico score? Pls provide the link.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Only EQ still sells a FICO score.  It is hard to find and unless it says FICO it is their version of a score.

See if this works:  http://www.equifax.com/credit-score/

Message 9 of 12
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

When you applied and recieved your credit you used your newly recieved SSN ? Also are you using the same address as was used when you applied for crediit?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.