cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a 13 doller balance ACTUALLY A 0% percent utlazation ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a 13 doller balance ACTUALLY A 0% percent utlazation ?

i wanted to know am paying off a all my credit cards on the only one that will report fot about 30 days is one with 13 fo doller balance will the lower my score ....will it look like i have a 0% percent utliazation ?  Will this lower my scores? 70k availble in credit  with a 735 fico score

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Having a 13 doller balance ACTUALLY A 0% percent utlazation ?

You are fine. It might actually help to show a small balance. 

Message 2 of 7
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I guess it would also depend on credit line. $13 on a $25,000 limit card could be rounded down to 0% utilization.

People on the forum seem to like the 1% utilization on one card.

Message 3 of 7
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

I guess it would also depend on credit line. $13 on a $25,000 limit card could be rounded down to 0% utilization.

People on the forum seem to like the 1% utilization on one card.

It will fine for FICO score calculations. I've left  $5 on a $25,000 limit card and FICO score calculation sees it. I think for FICO score it rounds utilization up, rather than down. So $13 on a 25k line will round up to 1%.

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i wanted to know am paying off a all my credit cards on the only one that will report fot about 30 days is one with 13 fo doller balance will the lower my score ....will it look like i have a 0% percent utliazation ?  Will this lower my scores? 70k availble in credit  with a 735 fico score

Has not for me even at $1 balance but I've read that some lenders will round that to $0 which would suck, and $2 or so minimum to be safe across the board for those testing the lender or two in question.

You'll be fine in my and other's experience.

        
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i fell very safe now leaving 13 dollers on a 70,000 dollers ...................out of 7 credit cards .... ...but the card with the 13 dollers has onlya 6,000 doler limit ?  does this make a differance

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i fell very safe now leaving 13 dollers on a 70,000 dollers ...................out of 7 credit cards .... ...but the card with the 13 dollers has onlya 6,000 doler limit ?  does this make a differance

6K is nowhere close to the tradeline discounting level, which is somewhere around 35K or more on the assumption it's still there (think so but I'm misremembering some of cashnocredit's posts now).  13/6K, no big deal.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.