Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I'm so confused!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! I'm so confused!

I am SO confused - I pulled my credit scores from True Credit today and got these: TransUnion - 587 Experian - 566 Equifax - 600 The scores that I get through MyFICo are: TransUnion - 549 Experian - 547 Equifax - 575 Both were done on the same day - what is correct? How do I know which scores a lender will see? I was working on getting an FHA mortgage and was told that as long as I had a middle score over 580 I was good to go - according to the differing scores I got today, I dont know where I stand...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Help! I'm so confused!

@Anonymous wrote:
I am SO confused - I pulled my credit scores from True Credit today and got these: TransUnion - 587 Experian - 566 Equifax - 600 The scores that I get through MyFICo are: TransUnion - 549 Experian - 547 Equifax - 575 Both were done on the same day - what is correct? How do I know which scores a lender will see? I was working on getting an FHA mortgage and was told that as long as I had a middle score over 580 I was good to go - according to the differing scores I got today, I dont know where I stand...

Only consider FICO scores and nothing else. The mortgage lender most likely won't use your Classic FICO either. You need to bring the scores up.
Message 2 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

jsis, what are the factors that are causing your FICO scores to be where they are? Do you have high CC uti? COs? CAs? ID the perpetrators, so that we can help you extinguish them.

FYI--Smallfry, lenders use the classic scores, just like myfico.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7 - discharged in 2000

CO - Capital One, I just found out this was showing (divorce debt, supposedly the ex was paying for this back in 2006)  I sent a PFD to them a few weeks ago, havent heard anything yet.

Blair Catalog from 2005 that I have NO idea what it is, but was a charge off for $91 - I paid it in March, it is not gone from my report yet.

Three 30 day lates to Ford Motor Credit from last year.  I sent them  GW in March but haven't heard anything from them yet.

I also had 2 HSBC credit cards that were at around 95% util, but have paid them both down to <30% so far.

Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Chapter 7 - discharged in 2000
There are a couple of years left on this one, but you would think that most of the pain is gone away.
CO - Capital One, I just found out this was showing (divorce debt, supposedly the ex was paying for this back in 2006)  I sent a PFD to them a few weeks ago, havent heard anything yet.
Keep trying to GW
Blair Catalog from 2005 that I have NO idea what it is, but was a charge off for $91 - I paid it in March, it is not gone from my report yet.
Did you get a PFD on this one?
Three 30 day lates to Ford Motor Credit from last year.  I sent them  GW in March but haven't heard anything from them yet.
Keep trying to GW
I also had 2 HSBC credit cards that were at around 95% util, but have paid them both down to <30% so far.
Get uti down to 1-9% for best results.

Seems like you are doing the best that you can with these baddies.  You've ID'd them and have taken action.  Time is the key now.  My responses in red above.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.