Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Why did I drop 12 pts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Why did I drop 12 pts

Hi, I have a personal loan from OneMain financial and I just got an alert that says "account transferred or sold unsecured" the balance now reporting is $0. I have not defaulted and make all my payments on time. In fact, they just withdrew a payment yesterday. Why did this make my score go down 12 points. I'm looking to buy a house within the next 3 months and I'm borderline. 12 points is a lot for me. Will it go up next month?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Help! Why did I drop 12 pts

Where did you get the score from?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Where did you get the score from?

I got the alert from MyFico. I called the company and they told me they merged with Greentree and I now have a new account number. i asked them if it was going to be reporterd like a new loan or the original loan date. She could not answer. I'm just hoping next month it reports my loan balance under the new account number and the original date. I really can not afford a 12 point drop when I'm borderline.

Message 3 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It might not have been this that caused the drop. This might just have been the trigger that gave an updated score.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.