Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help starting an Alliant SSL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help starting an Alliant SSL

I am on the alliant site, but am not sure how to proceed to get an ssl. I try to register and it asks for my member account number. Which I do not have. I don't have an account with alliant, but would like to set up an SSL with them. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Sorry, I'm new to much of this stuff. 

Do you need to know somebody to open an account? How does this work?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help starting an Alliant SSL

Just read the first 3 posts of the Alliant SSL Technique thread, which is in my signature link.  Those first 3 posts answer all questions.  Follow the first 3 posts perfectly and you're all set.

Message 2 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I haven't done this, but you might need to provide the information to open a savings account and join Alliant before you can finalize registration for online access.

Message 3 of 8
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I haven't done this, but you might need to provide the information to open a savings account and join Alliant before you can finalize registration for online access.

I have done this and CreditGuyInDixie's step by step procedure outlined in his post is super easy to implement.

It's not hard or confusing at all due to the incredible detail and effort he's put into it. All you have to do is read it first, then do it.  

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I finally got it. I'm ready to open savings account. Question though. Is there a chance I will be denied for the SSL through Alliant? I have a savings account with my bank. I don't want to open another and then get turned down for the loan. 

Message 5 of 8
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

I could be totally wrong here but being that it's a secured loan ...nope Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Because I've been turned down for a secured credit card before.

Message 7 of 8
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

I'd still give it a shot. Alliant has very competitive interest rates on saving accounts (and checking as well if you do a monthly direct deposit or ACH transfer)

My main bank is Ally but since establishing an SSL loan with Alliant to boost my scores, I've started auto transferring money over every month both to be diversified in my accounts and also to establish history with a credit union that offers a 2.5% back CC that could fit nicely with my monthly expenditures.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.