Valued Member
coco28

Help w/increasing of score....

Here's my situation....I am now ready to get a handle on my credit issues, as I am in hopes of purchasing a condo next year. I have 3 collections total amount (1500) Bally's account which is past due of (614) Student loans which are deferred I have 1 credit card which is in good standings Due to me having paid my bills late numerously my score is in the low 500's... how long do you guys thing would take me to get to 620-660...realistically? I look forward to some sound advice.
Contributor
autofly

Re: Help w/increasing of score....

coco28 wrote:
Here's my situation....I am now ready to get a handle on my credit issues, as I am in hopes of purchasing a condo next year. I have 3 collections total amount (1500) Bally's account which is past due of (614) Student loans which are deferred I have 1 credit card which is in good standings Due to me having paid my bills late numerously my score is in the low 500's... how long do you guys thing would take me to get to 620-660...realistically? I look forward to some sound advice.

Do what people advise here and it won't take long.  I've disputed things on my credit report, paid down the balance on my one secured card, got 3 more unsecured cards and just in 3 weeks without everything being anywhere near finished I've gone from 590 to 635ish. 

If you follow the advice of these threads you can and will see your FICO go up fast.  But treat everything you learn as a way of life, not just as a way to aquire new debt.

Auto

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}