Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with my score

Can someone please help me out here. I went to TransUnion and paid for credit score to find out later that it's vantage score and that different companies give their own versions of TransUnion score anyway the score said 719. I went to e-mail my banker sent me and it said Transunion/FICO Classic (04) score 645 from CreditPlus. I came to myfico and pulled score and it gave me 547. My Credit Karma score shows 630. Can someone tell me why do all these differ sooo much? And is there a way that I can actually see my score based on 04 version, I really believe that customers should be able to get same scores that banks do. 

I'm just trying to get same score type as my banker did to see if it changed, I opened credit card as instructed to get my score to 660. 

Also in 2011 I forgot to mail my state tax check for $43 Dollars, they never contacted me in any way regarding it and just put a Lien in my name. I found out about lien in 2013 when trying to register my car and paid it immediately, $390 Dollars. There's still a Lien in my name even today hurting my score, but it says Paid. Is there anything I can do about this? Should it of been removed when I paid?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Help with my score

Welcome to the forum 

I'll break it down the best I can 

There are more than 50 real Fico scores and all of them take different things into consideration to come up with a score.

For mortgage purposes your bankers scores are probably more accurate

When it comes to auto loans ...there are Fico enhanced scores.

Credit cards .....enhanced Fico scores

So it all boils down to which Fico algorithm for which product the lender wishes to choose.

In the case of credit cards some lenders as in Amex and Chase pull your scores and then apply there own internal algorithm to see if you qualify.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Double post Ooops 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So why don't they tell us this when we go to buy the score as of now it means that I threw away $35 because these numbers don't mean anything to me as they are not what my banker is looking for mortgage. It would only be fair to give people an option which one they wish to see/buy instead of just some generic one. I'm pretty upset about it actually, with going through frustration of missing 7 points waiting for bank to report and property going under contract 2 weeks before I could buy it, on top of all that I'm not even able to pull a credit score that shows me score banker would see for mortgage.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.