Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!!

Ok, I have been trying to improve my scores in order to buy a house.  I have raised my scoresover 100 points in 4 months by following advice here, getting things deleted, etc. and basically hounding the CRA's..lol. I also had to get a secured card and a regular Orchard Bank card because I didn't have ccs. Anyway, myfico says that my equifax score is 626 and my Transunion score is 600.  I know that myfico uses classic 98 Tu, and my mortgage company uses classic 04 Tu.  My mortgage broker and I are afraid to run my score through Birchwood in case the TU score comes out lower. Does anyone know of a place to get the classic 04 Tu score with a soft pull?? Or, do you know if it runs higher or lower than classic 98?? We don't want to lower my score by pulling it and having it be lower!

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!!

Hi cath!

Glad to have you posting here!  And congrats on your hard work.

Pulling your scores is not a hard pull and will never impact your FICO score.

For DH and I, our mortgage pulls for TU were just listed as "Classic" and DH's was 3 points higher; mine was 3 points lower than our TU reports here.

Some folks see an increase; others a decrease between the 98 and 04 versions.  Others will post with some helpful info on that, I'm sure.

TU, for me at least, gives me a 12 point hit if I report zero balances on al my CC's.  So, if you're reporting all zero balances, you might consider letting one report a small balance and see how it affects your TU FICO.  And of course, YMMV, just to add to the thrill of it all.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.