Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi..

tag
hautemama
Regular Contributor

Hi..

Just a question.  My score recently INCREASED via scorewatch.  The funny thing is, the credit alerts they gave me was that there were changes to two accounts.  One is that the balance had increased (by a few dollars) and the other was a collection that I disputed.  It states specifically, "Consumer disputes this account information
Collection account"
and it also updated fm previously not reported, to "0" balance and the date that the account was open (2006).  Am I missing something? Lol. I thought these were negatives? Also, I sent in a dispute letter for the collection.  Does this mean that they are currently investigating, or that they are finished and this is the result? Please help.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hi..

@hautemama wrote:
Just a question.  My score recently INCREASED via scorewatch.  The funny thing is, the credit alerts they gave me was that there were changes to two accounts.  One is that the balance had increased (by a few dollars) and the other was a collection that I disputed.  It states specifically, "Consumer disputes this account information
Collection account"
and it also updated fm previously not reported, to "0" balance and the date that the account was open (2006).  Am I missing something? Lol. I thought these were negatives? Also, I sent in a dispute letter for the collection.  Does this mean that they are currently investigating, or that they are finished and this is the result? Please help.

Hautemama, people on these forums state to take the SW alert comments with a grain of salt, as they rarely make any sense. I got my first SW alert on Saturday and I was up 26 points. The comments--You have had two new inquiries on your credit report. You have to investigate the actual report in order to figure out why the score actually moved.

That being said, the probable reason that your score went up is that when you dispute an item, and they place that "consumer disputes item", the derog is ignored for FICO scoring purposes.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Junejer wrote:
That being said, the probable reason that your score went up is that when you dispute an item, and they place that "consumer disputes item", the derog is ignored for FICO scoring purposes.

This is true, except for collections and public judgments, I think it is.

I'm reasonably sure about this, but lately my memory has been developing some holes, so prepare to launch the over-ripe tomatoes. I will go duck now.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

HTSU, you are correct. I misread that to be an account with balance changes. My eyes are failing me after hours of staring at this screen.

Message 4 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I know the feeling. Mine seem to be waving around on stalks, like some alien on a low-budget sci-fi flick. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

:HTSU, do you have the weird sci-fi channel music playing and everything? LOL!Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You have to understand that I am so old that I watched the original Star Trek series. My friends and I all had the hots for Mr. Spock. (Not that any of us had heard the phrase "having the hots", or would have had any clue what it meant.) We were certain that we could get past that Vulcan exterior to the human inside.

Even in fourth grade, we knew that Captain Kirk/ William Shatner was a clown.

And I did watch the first Star Wars 43 times in the theaters in the first two months after it came out. With a few beers on board, I can recite a pretty long string of dialogue without a break, until I'm overpowered. And at age 22 1/2, Han Solo was (and is) the hottie, not the pubescent Luke Skywalker. Smiley Wink

Same for Legolas vs Strider, now that I think about it. I must love Danger!
Message 7 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
My friends and I all had the hots for Mr. Spock. (Not that any of us had heard the phrase "having the hots", or would have had any clue what it meant.) We were certain that we could get past that Vulcan exterior to the human inside

I am sure that all the girls thought that. Still the same today. Women are sure that they can get to the soft interior of a man, only to be disappointed by the dreadful truth--there is no human side to a man. Give me food, sports and loving and keep the rest. LOL! Just kidding. Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
You have to understand that I am so old that I watched the original Star Trek series.

I am so old that I watched the original..............never mind   Smiley Wink
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
You have to understand that I am so old that I watched the original Star Trek series.
I am so old that I watched the original..............never mind Smiley Wink

Bet you watched the first Dr. Who!

Ooops, sorry, hautemama, just realized that I threadjacked the fire out of your thread. And I was doing pretty well lately... Smiley Sad Did we give you any kind of useful answer at all?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.