Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HiLine's quest to 800 FICO

tag
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Re: HiLine's quest to 800 FICO

Congrats on the new personal best! I'm sure once you get your mortgage in place and sit back to let your accounts age, you'll be in the 800's in no time at all.
Message 61 of 87
HiLine
Blogger

@disdreamin wrote:
Congrats on the new personal best! I'm sure once you get your mortgage in place and sit back to let your accounts age, you'll be in the 800's in no time at all.

Thank you! I think my quest pretty much ends when the mortgage reports which hopefully will be after my credit history hits 3 years later this week. That will be the maximum score with 3 years of credit history. I feel pretty confident about hitting the 800's with 4 years, but 3 years is really what I was going for. I guess 800 with 3 years of credit history is impossible after all... Smiley Sad

Message 62 of 87
HiLine
Blogger

Citi 790 FICO score.png

Citi gave me a FICO score of 790 for 12/23/2014. Not sure which scoring model this is, but it is still a FICO score ...

Message 63 of 87
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@HiLine wrote:

Citi 790 FICO score.png

Citi gave me a FICO score of 790 for 12/23/2014. Not sure which scoring model this is, but it is still a FICO score ...

EQ FICO 8 Bankcard Enhanced industry option.  Congrats though, pretty score Smiley Happy.

While I don't count it as my gold standard, it's still an accomplishment... more so than my VS 3.0 762/763 TU/EQ whee!  Gold plated on a FAKO! (even if it's a good FAKO to be sure)  Too bad nobody underwrites anything serious on that yet.

        
Message 64 of 87
HiLine
Blogger

@Revelate wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Citi 790 FICO score.png

EQ FICO 8 Bankcard Enhanced industry option.  Congrats though, pretty score Smiley Happy.

While I don't count it as my gold standard, it's still an accomplishment... more so than my VS 3.0 762/763 TU/EQ whee!  Gold plated on a FAKO! (even if it's a good FAKO to be sure)  Too bad nobody underwrites anything serious on that yet.

Seems like my bank-card enhanced version doesn't differet much from the original version at this level Smiley Happy. Thanks for the info!

760 is a great score regardless. You've come a long way. Imagine what your FICO score will be when all the baddies fall off. 820+, anyone? Smiley Wink

Message 65 of 87
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@HiLine wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Citi 790 FICO score.png

Seems like my bank-card enhanced version doesn't differet much from the original version at this level Smiley Happy. Thanks for the info!

760 is a great score regardless. You've come a long way. Imagine what your FICO score will be when all the baddies fall off. 820+, anyone? Smiley Wink

If I had to guess I'll hit in the 760-770 range on Beacon 5 (my benchmark) and possibly north of 800 on FICO 8.  I was able to do a little testing on VS 3.0 recently and it looks as though they aren't counting paid tax liens at all, or EX took my most recent tax lien off without my asking them (which would be wierd to say the least), won't know till I get the snail mail report from them and the credit.com interface was a little confusing with it's counting of derogatory marks... and like FICO I actually gained a couple of points as I've further reduced my balances down to 1 (though EQ 8 didn't change from 2 -> 1 so not sure, I'll have a larger Barclay's balance reporting soon so will see where that lands me).

That's several years off though and my AAOA will be over 6 years at that point as I'm not utterly clean till end of 2018 and all of my accounts from the dawn of my credit report will be still there and reporting positively... I have a couple of excellent bottles of scotch to get into as my 3 derogatory marks fall off due to SOL Smiley Happy.

        
Message 66 of 87
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I just broke 800 on EX.

6 years oldest account, AAoA 4y, 5 revolving accounts, one charge card EX doesn't count. Util around 1%.

Highest last year was 785.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 67 of 87
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@cashnocredit wrote:

I just broke 800 on EX.

6 years oldest account, AAoA 4y, 5 revolving accounts, one charge card EX doesn't count. Util around 1%.

Ah well that will be nice to look forward to in my presumed case when my derogs fall off Smiley Happy  TY for posting the statistic.

        
Message 68 of 87
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

I just broke 800 on EX.

Ah well that will be nice to look forward to in my presumed case when my derogs fall off Smiley Happy  TY for posting the statistic.

With your history you should easily be there.

Shortly after I posted that I got two alerts and all my FICOs are in the 800s. EQ:801 and TU at 809. It's a happy day.

Apparently I'm in a new bucket as my oldest account reached 6 years this month. My card pattern seems to now generate scores about 25 points higher than similar utils the prior 6 months.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 69 of 87
HiLine
Blogger

@cashnocredit wrote:

I just broke 800 on EX.

Nice going! Congrats on the pretty number! Smiley Happy  Do you know your FICO 04 score by chance? 

Message 70 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.