Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Utilization = +6 pts...heck yea!

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

High Utilization = +6 pts...heck yea!

Who knew.  82% on a single account + 2 new INQ's on EX + an extra accout reporting a balance when previously at $0 the past few statements....

= +6 points! 

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=s42w4m&s=8#.VPW9wlI5DVI

I can't wait til my new account reports and my AAoA goes down, I'm surely to see a nice bump then too.

Everybody listen... just do the opposite of what you think FICO wants and your scores will go up.  It is now a proven fact.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: High Utilization = +6 pts...heck yea!

@racer-x wrote:

Who knew.  82% on a single account + 2 new INQ's on EX + an extra accout reporting a balance when previously at $0 the past few statements....

= +6 points! 

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=s42w4m&s=8#.VPW9wlI5DVI

I can't wait til my new account reports and my AAoA goes down, I'm surely to see a nice bump then too.

Everybody listen... just do the opposite of what you think FICO wants and your scores will go up.  It is now a proven fact.

lol I guess I'll start app'ing more new cards and bring my utilization to 90%!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 2 of 4
racer-x
Valued Contributor

The myfico supreme contributors wont touch this one. Lol

Theres nothing that hasnt been said a gazillion times, so i see why theres no explanations being given.

I did stay at a holiday inn last night, maybe thats the reason for the increase. Its as good of reason as any ive seen.
Message 3 of 4
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

*chuckle* I just posted about how mine went the OTHER way: Just minding my own business, paying my bills per normal, no new inquiries, no baddies, and POOF! My HELOC balance dropped and so did my Transunion score. By six points! 

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.