Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

High fico score

While in the process of financing my new Vehicle, I found out that my score is very high.  Is it worth buying into a service when I seem to be doing all the right things already?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: High fico score

EAs-Mom wrote:
While in the process of financing my new Vehicle, I found out that my score is very high. 

What do you call "very high"?

EAs-Mom wrote:
  Is it worth buying into a service when I seem to be doing all the right things already?

I think so - identity theft and mistakes can cause problems

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

EAs-Mom wrote:
While in the process of financing my new Vehicle, I found out that my score is very high.  Is it worth buying into a service when I seem to be doing all the right things already?

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your scores!

IMO it's always a good idea to know what's on your reports, regardless of your scores.  And it's always good to be able to monitor your reports for changes.

There are lots of regulars around here with scores in the 780s to 800s.  Maybe they can chime in and tell you what they get out of hanging out here.

You can also stick around to give tips and tricks to the lowly 703-ers like me! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

cheddar wrote:

There are lots of regulars around here with scores in the 780s to 800s.  Maybe they can chime in and tell you what they get out of hanging out here.

I am just here for fun and to pick up loose women  Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

I am just here for fun and to pick up loose women  Smiley Very Happy

LOL!  Writing out DFiancee's Valentine's Day card yesterday, I had to stop myself from mentioning her 775 as one of the reasons I love her. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

cheddar wrote:

LOL!  Writing out DFiancee's Valentine's Day card yesterday, I had to stop myself from mentioning her 775 as one of the reasons I love her. Smiley Very Happy

Good credit is sexy  Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score is 840 Hubby at 809.  I already pull my credit report once a year and scan for discrepancies but this is the first time I found out what the scores actually were.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

EAs-Mom wrote:
My score is 840 Hubby at 809.  I already pull my credit report once a year and scan for discrepancies but this is the first time I found out what the scores actually were.

You say "your score" is 840.  Did you know you have three of them, one for each CRA?

It's quite possible to have an 840 on one CRA and a 650 on another at the same time if the reports are very different.

Did you buy that score from the same place you pulled your annual credit reports, or did you buy it here?  Which CRA is it from?  Have you seen all three of your and your husband's reports (six in total)?

If you bought those scores anywhere other than here at MyFICO, they are not true FICO scores and are, in fact, worthless.

Lenders use FICO scores.  You should too.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-15-2008 11:01 AM
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This score was from Transunion.  I have not checked the other 2.  I guess I didn't realize that they could be that far off from each other even with no noticable differences in the actual reports.  I may have to rethink enrolling in the service.  Thanks for the advice.
Message 9 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

EAs-Mom wrote:
This score was from Transunion.  I have not checked the other 2.  I guess I didn't realize that they could be that far off from each other even with no noticable differences in the actual reports.  I may have to rethink enrolling in the service.  Thanks for the advice.

A good start would be to buy all 3 reports and scores for you and DH at MyFICO.

Then you would have a very good idea of what is what.

And many Credit cards companies have a monitoring service (Amex and Chase are two I am familiar with)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.