Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest score possible with no Mortgage or auto loan

tag
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

Highest score possible with no Mortgage or auto loan

Once you no longer have a mortgage or auto loan reporting  just CC accounts with 0 balances what is the highest score you can get or have seen. At this point you are relying only on AAoA and length of credit history

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Highest score possible with no Mortgage or auto loan

@joeblow2 wrote:

Once you no longer have a mortgage or auto loan reporting  just CC accounts with 0 balances what is the highest score you can get or have seen. At this point you are relying only on AAoA and length of credit history

Even closed accounts are still scored as being part of a credit mix although they are not weighed as heavily as open, active accounts.

I won't hazard a guess though as to your question about possible scores. There are simply too many varuiables IMO.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 15
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

My question is for when all the auto loans and mortgage loans drop off and its only CC accounts reporting

Message 3 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@joeblow2 wrote:

My question is for when all the auto loans and mortgage loans drop off and its only CC accounts reporting

Oh......I misread your post.  Smiley Happy

But I still won't try to guess any possible score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 15
namvet
Established Contributor

Your guess is as good as mine!  

Message 5 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Types of credit, at 10% overall weighting, would account for 85 points.

What is done with scoring of those 85 points is part of the mystery of the properietary FICO scoring algorithm, what factors it considers under that category, and the weighting of each.

In addition to the presence of both revolving and installment, I am speculating that, since FICO puts strong reliance on revolving credit in their risk analysis, additional factors, such as lack of any revolving, or lack of plural revolving, might additionally be part of this  types of credit category.  Maybe store cards score less in types of credit than major bank cards.  Who knows. 

Unless one makes assumptions of all the factors and their relative weithtings, it would not be possible to isolate the affect only of mix of install/revolv.  Make a guess.

Message 6 of 15
mazinaige
Regular Contributor

One of my scores is over 800 and my tradelines are made of three credit cards and student loans that are in in-school deferment. No mortgage or auto loan (past or present).

FICO® TU: 703 8/07/2015, EQ: 716 8/07/2015
Message 7 of 15
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

My gf has a FICO score of just under 820.  She doesn't have auto loans or mortgages but a long history of CCs. She is completely crazy about paying her CCs the instant they come in the mail.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 8 of 15
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

What is the length of her Credit history and her AAoA ?

Message 9 of 15
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Not sure, she only has 4 CCs and doesn't use most of them often. Her first CCs were probably at least 25 years ago and I'm sure her AAoA is around 10 years.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.