Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest score possible with no Mortgage or auto loan

tag
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: Highest score possible with no Mortgage or auto loan

@RobertEG wrote:

Types of credit, at 10% overall weighting, would account for 85 points.

What is done with scoring of those 85 points is part of the mystery of the properietary FICO scoring algorithm, what factors it considers under that category, and the weighting of each.

In addition to the presence of both revolving and installment, I am speculating that, since FICO puts strong reliance on revolving credit in their risk analysis, additional factors, such as lack of any revolving, or lack of plural revolving, might additionally be part of this  types of credit category.  Maybe store cards score less in types of credit than major bank cards.  Who knows. 

Unless one makes assumptions of all the factors and their relative weithtings, it would not be possible to isolate the affect only of mix of install/revolv.  Make a guess.

I know I had this discussion elsewhere on the forums before without getting to a resolution. Since the score range is 300-850, are the percentages based on the possible range of scores (850-300=550 --> 10% = 55) or out of the maximum possible score (850 --> 10% = 85)?

Message 11 of 15
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

My gf has a FICO score of just under 820.  She doesn't have auto loans or mortgages but a long history of CCs. She is completely crazy about paying her CCs the instant they come in the mail.

I too have no installment loans. The my highest Fico scores have been:

• EX - 793 (9/10 from USA Fed app pull)
  • TU - 791 (4/11 from MyFico)
  • EQ - 813 (4/11 from MyFico)

I have 17 revolving trade lines reporting, a 12 year history and an AAOA of 8 years.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a few student loans from 2006 as well as 5 credit cards that are pretty new (oldest is around 3 years).  My EX is 738.

Message 13 of 15
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

My gf has a FICO score of just under 820.  She doesn't have auto loans or mortgages but a long history of CCs. She is completely crazy about paying her CCs the instant they come in the mail.

Wait...  This is crazy? 

I pay mine either before the statement cuts, or within days of the statement cutting (for whichever one I'm letting report); which is usually well before I'd ever receive a statement in the mail (assuming I didn't have everything on e-bill).

Comparitively: Does this make me a complete loon? Smiley Happy

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 14 of 15
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Odiseous wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

Wait...  This is crazy? 

I pay mine either before the statement cuts, or within days of the statement cutting (for whichever one I'm letting report); which is usually well before I'd ever receive a statement in the mail (assuming I didn't have everything on e-bill).

Comparitively: Does this make me a complete loon? Smiley Happy

Lol!  Nah, that makes you knowledgeable about credit. My gf had no idea what credit reports are, what's in them, what a credit score is, and so on. I practically had to hound her to get her to check her credit report and sign up for a service that would let her know if stuff showed up on her credit report without her knowledge. She wouldn't even know how to go about prepaying to get a zero balance on a reporting loc. She probably could pump her FICO up a bit if she wanted to but she doesn't.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.