Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House buying

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

House buying

Any suggestions on how to raise my credit score? I have student loans that I am paying monthly. Also I have some past due doctor's bills, I plan to pay them in full in about a month.  My credit scores are very low, I Need HELP!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: House buying

Are the medical collections reporting? What else is reporting? Did you pull your two FICO scores from here, and if open, what are they?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the medical bills are reporting also Progressive Auto insurance, Verizon, BGE and my student loans.  My credit scores are 567, 506 and 497.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Your mix of credit is lacking. You'll see an increase in score if you add a couple of CCs. I recommend getting a secured CC from somewhere to start. Let that report, wait a few months, then aim for a second. Your scores are too low for an unsecured CC, or at least to the point where you'd have a bunch of inquiries before getting approved. A secured CC to start will fix that.

Also take care of your baddies. Check out the links below for more info, but the medical bills, Progressive, Verizon and BGE (assuming it's a negative) would have to be deleted before you see solid improvement in the scores. Check out the Rebuilding Your Credit board for more info.

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.