cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Accurate is Capital One's Credit Tracker?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Accurate is Capital One's Credit Tracker?

Thanks to everybody here at the forums, I just discovered Cap1's LUV button. Requested for both of my cards and received a 3k increase on my Quicksilver and 1K increase on my Journey. An hour later I noticed that my score on the Credit Tracker increased by 9 points! Does anybody know if the Credit Tracker really reflects TU's FICO score?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Accurate is Capital One's Credit Tracker?

No.  It's their own internal score.  Don't rely on it.  I cannot find another that matches it.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

aw bummer! Thanks though! I figured it's too good to be true if it's a free credit tracker.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine's actually lower than my Fico.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No! It doesn't update often either. I will have changes to my FICO scores, but they are usually NOT reflected on the Cap 1 credit tracker. With that said, it doesn't mean that your FICO scores have not increased.Hopefully, your FICO scores will increase with your CLIs. They should lower your utilization.
Message 5 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Last I heard it was TU's New Accounts Score, which might as well be an educational score for all the traction it has in the industry.

It should be zealously ignored, at least Credit Karma's scores (today, not before when they were likewise using the abovementioned junk score) are used by some small fraction of lenders, and there's about a dozen or more different credit cards from a half dozen different lenders that now offer free FICO scores of varying different bureaus and models, so one shouldn't have to put up with a score that's does more harm than good even if you're not interested in paying for FICO credit score monitoring from one of a couple different places now.

        
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it says my Tu score is 622 and my actual tu fico is 715. It's missing a lot of info.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine's WAY lower than my Fico, 716 vs 787.

Message 8 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

For several years the only credit score I had available was the Capital One Credit Tracker using TransUnion scores.

While I agree that (a) it's not used by any lenders, (b) it's not as valuable as knowing one's FICO scores,  (c) it's usually lower than my FICO scores, and (d) it's only updated once a month, let me say in its defense:

-it's pretty similar to the FICO scores in terms of its various calculations

-it's pretty informative and gives you a pretty clear picture of where you stand

-it's probably more consistent and less volatile than the FICO scores

I'm the type of person who likes to see as many different scoring versions as possible,

but I wouldn't disparage the Credit Tracker. For my money, it's just as good as any of the

others, and in some ways better.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 9 of 19
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here.  My CapOne Credit Tracker score is 699.  My FICO 8 scores are in the 730 area, bank card enhanced scores are in the 740 range and auto enhanced scores are in the 750-760 range.  My Vantage 3.0 scores are 800.  CapOne CT is lower than literally all of them.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.