Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I feel when my score goes up...

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

How I feel when my score goes up...

15 points this week! Interesting behavior after buying a new car and getting two new revolvers within the last month:

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: How I feel when my score goes up...

Well, congratulations on the score increase first.

Yes, that is in fact how this works. You are rebuilding from some significant baddies, and as those fade, you will see some significant increases in your score. This +15 would have been more, but for the new apps and accounts which are, actually bringing your score "down", just overwhelmed by the dropping / aging baddies.

And kudos for looking at this over a month, and not in one day change increments!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats !  If you previously did not have an open installment loan then this could also be your explanation to the increase Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Well, congratulations on the score increase first.

Yes, that is in fact how this works. You are rebuilding from some significant baddies, and as those fade, you will see some significant increases in your score. This +15 would have been more, but for the new apps and accounts which are, actually bringing your score "down", just overwhelmed by the dropping / aging baddies.

And kudos for looking at this over a month, and not in one day change increments!

Thanks! 

Over the last month, my TU is up 26 points, and EQ is up 22 points. I won't know about Experian until tomorrow (only gets updated once a month).

I'm not 100% sure if any baddies have fallen off. I do have a false collection I'm fighting, but it could still be on there- It's still showing up in my reports (updated yesterday) on CK. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome score increase! After reading your post I went and checked mine and my scores went up 19+ points (hasn't moved in months).
Message 5 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:
Awesome score increase! After reading your post I went and checked mine and my scores went up 19+ points (hasn't moved in months).

Cool... for me today it was the biggest surprise so far but the other direction unfortunately  Smiley Embarassed

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/EQ-Fico-is-up-to-something-with-me-today-...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 35 point increase on ex don't know why nothing changed since yesterday cuz I have my fico and ex credit monitoring scratching my head hopefully my others go up too
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.