Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long to Reflect Changes

tag
sheila5433

Re: How Long to Reflect Changes

Greg B

Thank you so much for your response.  I know you are right,  I need to be more patient.  

I just hate that when you make a couple of  mistakes ** you pay for it for at least 7 years. Those mistakes will show up over and over and over again.  I make several corrections in 2 months, gain 20pts on one score and the other doesn't even acknowledge it !!!!!  BUT THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THE MISSED SEARS PAYMENT FROM 6 YEARS AGO.

** Beside missed Sears payment ($14.00 UGG, my stupidity kills me),  I racked up a huge cc bill.  I had 2 cards w/   $15,000  limits.  I charged $7, 000 in short period of time ( family emergency - family lives in Europe, had to make 4 trips in 1 yr) . I had 2 more cards w/ 10,000 limits - 0 balances. Upon my return, find out that personal info stolen from work computer. Employees told to keep an eye on cc.  Also, if you have a lot of cc open, it would be a good idea to close unused cards , so it would be easier to keep track of.  Like an idiot, I got rid of cc and put all 7,000 onto 1 card, kept a 2nd card just in case.  Economy tanks - my limit on 1 card goes from 10,000 to 1,000  cuz of inactivity.  The other card w/ 7,000 balance, limit went from 15,000 to 7,500 and my rate increased 17% to 23%.  My credit score went from 720+ depending on which score you looked at to 619 on both. 

So, even though I have had a very good (more often than not, excellent ) credit history for over 20 years, that is wiped away in 2 months. 

I'm through venting!!!!   Now back to work, paying down that damn bill!!!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.