Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How My Trans Union CR Increased +24 Points

tag
CA4Closure
Regular Contributor

How My Trans Union CR Increased +24 Points

In 2012 I lost my home to a foreclosure. I was one year behind on my property tax and the county levied a derogatory against me. Surprisingly, the foreclosure was NOT a factor in my then low FICO score of 610. As 2013, 2014, 2015 rolled around, my FICO score increased but not more than 5-10 points. 2016 and 2017 I added a few new credit cards. At that point I only had a Capital One credit card.

In February 2018, I bought a new Ford vehicle with a FICO score of 750. I was actually in their Tier 1 level and qualified for a ZERO % interest 60 month loan! A week later my FICO score dropped to 740. I was disheartened.

Today I check my FICO score and it increased +24 points to 764 putting me in the Excellent rating. My utilization is <2% with a total credit line of abot $44,000.

I checked my Trans Union credit report and that derogatory tax lien is GONE! No reference to the foreclosure too!

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.