Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Determine AAoA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How To Determine AAoA?

How do I figure out my  AAoA? Is it something that is shown on my credit report or do I have to look over each account, figure out how long it's been open, come up with a total then devide that by the total # of accounts? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: How To Determine AAoA?

there is total utlitzation ....amount owed divided by cl's x 100 thats for total...then u can do each card individually the same way

Message 2 of 27
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do I figure out my  AAoA? Is it something that is shown on my credit report or do I have to look over each account, figure out how long it's been open, come up with a total then devide that by the total # of accounts? 

This is how to calculate. However, credit karma will calculate an aaoa for you which might save you some time. If you buy a score from myFico, I believe they'll tell you your aaoa as well.

If you pull a credit report directly from one of the three bureaus they will not give you your aaoa

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OptimasPrime wrote:
However, credit karma will calculate an aaoa for you which might save you some time. If you buy a score from myFico, I believe they'll tell you your aaoa as well.

CreditKarma lists an "Average Age of Open Credit Lines".  That's not the same as the FICO AAoA, which is based on ALL credit lines, not just the open ones.

Message 4 of 27
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Good point. Doing it manually is the most accurate method.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 5 of 27
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:
However, credit karma will calculate an aaoa for you which might save you some time. If you buy a score from myFico, I believe they'll tell you your aaoa as well.

CreditKarma lists an "Average Age of Open Credit Lines".  That's not the same as the FICO AAoA, which is based on ALL credit lines, not just the open ones.

+1, credit karma isn't really accurate when it comes to calculating AAoA, it actually has mine off by more than an entire year.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do CRAs go by the average of open credit lines or all credit lines? And if it's all credit lines, do they include accounts that were closed because they weren't being used and also accounts that were included in a BK?

If it's open accounts, that will be fairly easy to do.  If it's ALL accounts, that will be a project! 

Message 7 of 27
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

yes it would be a project since accounts that were closed in good standing report for 10 years. 

as for aaoa i think my fico rounds because mine says one year but its less then that... 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 27
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Oh good I like the number that EQ credit report shows...  its 16 months higher that CK.   1 year vs  2 years and 4 months... big win. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 9 of 27
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Equifax CR shows AAoA.    The others do not.

It is calculated on all accounts (open and closed).

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.